How To Lose Weight With Hypothyroidism
How to lose weight with hypothyroidism – Hypothyroidism is a condition in which your thyroid gland is underactive. It is a type of endocrine disorder, which is characterized by a comparatively low production of thyroid hormones. This condition leads to a lot of symptoms like constipation, fatigue, prone to severe cold and excessive weight gain. Let us know more below about how to lose weight with hypothyroidism naturally.
The thyroid is an important regulator of our body’s metabolic functions. Therefore, inadequate production of this vital hormone can lead to serious abnormalities. If you are someone who got diagnosed with thyroid or has similar symptoms, then losing weight should be your first and foremost concern. But it is also an unavoidable fact that the weight gained by a thyroid patient is difficult to shed quickly. So, here are a few easy steps that you can follow to lose weight faster that too just by a few lifestyle modifications.
Thyroid and Weight
By now it is clear that the thyroid sends hormones in the blood to regulate our metabolism. But when you don’t make enough of these hormones, it slowdowns and puts the brakes on body functions. Due to which you can feel-
- And you might put on few kilos.
Those who are suffering from hypothyroidism generally gain a lot of weight before they come to know about. But it’s not always the only reason! Experience fatigue makes it harder to have the energy to eat well and exercise properly.
The following tips will help you understand how to lose or manage weight with hypothyroidism.
How to lose weight with hypothyroidism?
The reduced levels of thyroid hormone hamper the body’s ability to burn calories at a normal rate. This is why losing weight in hypothyroidism turns difficult sometimes. But one can lose the weight for sure in hypothyroidism.
Someone suffering from hypothyroidism could face some issues in losing the weight. Insulin resistance in the body, leading up to weight gain and susceptibility to diabetes that is caused by hypothyroidism.
A combination of diet and exercise to regulate metabolism and burn calories would be the best way ever to lose weight.
More Tips for Weight Management
- Avoid stress because it leads to unhealthy food choices and overeating.
- Adrenal glands are overworked and under-functioning in hypothyroid patients which controls the reactions of stress.
- Stress also increases cortisol levels, which increases hunger, thereby affecting insulin levels.
- Focus on Deep breathing exercises
- This stimulates the more oxygen and releases more carbon dioxide with each breath.
- This leads to weight loss, stress reduction, and relaxation.
- Adrenal glands turn susceptible to overwork and burnout in hypothyroidism.
Before they begin to under-function The adrenal glands can only take so much stimulation. To help the adrenal gland function at a normal pace without any pressure tea, coffee etc also works.
Diet Is Important
Healthy eating is a big part of your weight management plan. Check out the Indian diet for hypothyroidism.
- Getting proper nutrition supports weight loss and also helps with heart health, blood sugar concerns, and cholesterol problems that often are part of hypothyroidism.
- Eat lean proteins. Stick to one serving of fish, poultry, eggs, or beans for each meal.
- Have more vegetables. “Veggies stabilize blood sugar and are low in calories. Think salads, raw veggies, and vegetable soups.
- Plan healthy snacks. Set yourself up to succeed by planning. Stock up on fruit, nuts, and yogurt.
- Avoid high-dose iodine supplements as this can actually trigger more acute thyroid problems.
Above mentioned all the details about how to lose weight with hypothyroidism. This will help you out in the best way along with the mentioned tips and tricks to lose weight with hypothyroidism. To maintain get rid of overweight in hypothyroidism a healthy diet works well along with medications.